Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Esram
Insanity Prevails
Insanity Prevails
Esram

Male
Age : 100 Registration date : 2008-03-11 Number of posts : 93 Location : Caloocan City

Welcome Guide Vide
PostSubject: Welcome Guide   Welcome Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:24 am

Hello everyone and welcome to Otakon Forum! We (the staff) hope that you will enjoy yourselves here! But first, you are probably VERY confused about how this forum works, the rules, and things like that. If you have been to other forums before, this may be quick and painless! Later in this post, there is a basic FAQ about this board to help you get around easier. Below, you also find find some information that will help you introduce yourselves to each other and get acquainted with Otakon Forum and its members! If there are any questions/problems not addressed, please feel free to post them in the Help and Feedback or PM (private message) one of the staff members here. Well with that said, welcome to this forum, and begin posting!! heart.gif

FAQ (before the rules, so you know whats going on!)

------------------------------------

Why should I register?
In order to fully utilize the abilities of this board, it is in your interest that you should register as a member. Registration is completely free, and allows you to do the following:

* Post new threads
* Reply to other peoples' threads
* Receive email notification of replies to posts and threads you specify
* Send private messages to other members
* Access certain forums normally not available to guests
* View posted graphics and signatures

To register, you will need 3 things:

* a username you want to use
* a password
* a valid email address

Entering your email address will not leave you open to 'spam', as we never publish your email address anywhere; it only allows people to send you emails through these forums (and any messages sent to you via email do not reveal your address to the sender in any case). You can prevent people from emailing you completely as well. (To verify this, you can try sending an email message to another member.)

Otakon Forum will send you the final part of the registration process by email, so ensure that the email address you provide is valid and working. Once your email is validated, you can begin posting right away!

What is the signature for?
After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text or graphic that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper. You also have the option to include a signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the board will automatically change your signature to any messages you post. You can set your signature from Profile link at the top.

I lost my password, what can I do?
If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password.
This will bring up a page where you should enter your registered email address, and your password will be automatically emailed to you immediately.

How do I get a picture under my username?
These small images are called Avatars. They are displayed below your username on all posts that you make. You can create your own avatar that best describes your personality and upload it to free image hosting like ImageShack.us or Photobucket

Board Usage

Can I search the board?
You can search for posts based on username, word(s) in the post or just in the subject, by date, and only in particular forums. To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages.

What is Private Messaging?
Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this board. You may be able to include smilies and images in private messages that you send. You may send a private message to a member of this board by either locating the member's profile and pressing "Send Private Message" or in your Control Panel by "Composing Private Message" When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

What are announcements?
Announcements are special messages posted by the administrators or moderators. They are designed to be a simple one-way communication with the users. If you wish to discuss announcements, you will have to create a new thread in the forum, since you cannot reply to announcements.

Reading and Posting Messages

Are there any special codes/tags I can use to format my posts and messages?
For the most part, your posts will contain plain text, but on occasions, you may want to emphasize certain words or phrases by making them (for example) bold or italic. We have also enabled 'smilies', which allow you to use small icons to convey emotion, and the [img] code, which allows you to add pictures to your message.

What are smilies?
Smilies are small graphical icons which you can insert into your messages to convey an emotion or feeling, such as a joke or embarrassment. For example, if you entered a sarcastic comment, rather than type 'that was a joke', you could simply insert the 'wink' smilie.

What are stickies/pinned topics?
Stickies/pinned topics are important topics that are located at the top of every forum. They usually contain very important information and are worth looking at. Make sure not to skip over them as you may miss some valuable information.

What Are Moderators?
Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating.

Who can I ask for help?
Below is a current list of active staff members here at Otakon Forum. You'll know a staff member from a regular member by their custom graphic located under their avatar. Their names also appear bolded and in color for you to better identify them in the online users list. Don't be hesitant to ask them any questions you may have.

Admins:
Esram | Athalia

Moderators:
Languish

------------------------------------

Now that you are better acquainted with the forums, make sure that you read over the other stickies in this forum as they contain the forum rules.
PLEASE read these and follow accordingly!

In closing, welcome to this forum! The message board where you can feel free to post about anything. just as long as you follow these rules! Have a supar time, and we look forward to your participation! Make yourselves at home.
Back to top Go down
https://otakon.forumotion.com

Welcome Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements :: Forum Guide -